As a real estate photographer, I often work with realtors to help showcase properties in the best light possible. In this blog post, I want to share some tips on how realtors can prepare a Client’s home for photography in order to get the most appealing and professional-looking photos.
- Declutter and depersonalize the space. Remove any personal items such as family photos, collections, and excess knick-knacks. This helps potential buyers visualize themselves in the space and allows the focus to be on the home itself.
- Clean and tidy up. A clean and well-maintained home is much more attractive in photos. This includes things like wiping down surfaces, sweeping and vacuuming floors, and making sure everything is in its place.
- Show off the home’s best features. If the home has a particularly nice kitchen or outdoor space, make sure these areas are clean and well-lit for the photographer. These are often the areas that buyers are most interested in, so it’s important to highlight them.
- Use natural light. Open curtains and blinds to allow as much natural light into the space as possible. This creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere, and helps to make the home look more spacious and open.
- Consider hiring a professional stager. If the home is empty or has sparse furnishings, consider hiring a professional stager to bring in furniture and decor that will help to showcase the space in its best light.
By following these tips, realtors can help to ensure that the photos of a home are as appealing and professional as possible, which can help to attract potential buyers and ultimately sell the property more quickly.
Share This Post
CEO & LEAD PHOTOGRAPHER
I'm a self-taught Toronto photographer. I first picked up a camera in 2011 and since then nothing has felt more natural, from a professional standpoint. I started my career shooting local events. It didn’t take long before my business took off, shooting freelance projects for dozens of clients, which has evolved into a full-time career that has taken me around the world. Along the way, I’ve carved out a really simple philosophy about photography...
Let's talk about your next project
Book your next shoot with us
CALL US TODAY AT (705) 999-5305 FOR A FREE CONSULTATION